TEAM17 IS A GLOBAL PROVIDER OF GAMES ENTERTAINMENT TO A BROAD AUDIENCE.
Team17 Group Plc is a global games label, creative partner and developer of independent (“indie”) premium video games, developer and publisher of educational entertainment (“edutainment”) apps for children, and a leading working simulation games developer and publisher.
The Group was founded in 1990 followed by the successful launch of Team17’s Games Label in 2014.
Today, the Company employs over 390 people across 7 locations in 4 countries.
This excellent progress is best measured in our performance across 2022, with the Group reporting revenues of £137.4m (2021: £90.5m), gross profit of £69.6m (2021: £45.5m) and adjusted EBITDA of £48.8m (2021: £35.8m).
Our business today has three distinct growth engines:
- The Games Label – controls a portfolio of c.500 digital revenue lines, including our iconic Worms franchise, Overcooked and Hell Let Loose. Our U.S division, acquired in January 2022 and formerly named The Label, is actively exploring future opportunities to bring Team17 IP to mobile platforms alongside additional 3rd party titles.
- StoryToys – acquired in July 2021, a world-class developer and publisher of educational entertainment (“edutainment”) apps for children, working with a number of leading brands, including The Walt Disney Company, The LEGO® Group, Penguin Books, Sesame Workshop, Apple, Amazon, and Google. Founded in 2011 and based in Ireland, StoryToys’ apps have been downloaded over 100 million times across 120 countries, and its educational entertainment apps are produced in as many as 28 different languages.
- astragon – acquired in January 2022, a well-known developer, publisher, and distributor of sophisticated ‘working’ simulation games based in Germany. astragon’s well known IPs, such as Firefighting Simulator, Police Simulator, Bus Simulator, and Construction Simulator, focus on non-violent cooperative gameplay in technically detailed, and realistic environments across PC, console and mobile gameplay, for millions of enthusiastic customers.
Looking forward, our business is focusing on the following key business priorities:
• Maximising the benefits of the Group’s structure through each of our new business divisions to expand our reach, strengthen our pipelines, and develop our strategic partnerships with platforms, license partners and developers;
• Leveraging Group footprint and synergy opportunities to drive long-term organic growth;
• Expanding our audience by continually improving the quality and diversity of our content portfolio;
• Investing further in our underlying Group infrastructure to accelerate the performance of our business divisions and support our overarching growth ambitions;
• Maintaining our core focus on promoting our ‘People First’ Company culture and nurturing our next generation of in-house industry expertise; and
• Routinely evaluating selective M&A opportunities to support the future growth of the Group.
Over the course of 2023 and beyond, Team17 looks forward to continuing to maximise our ever-growing content portfolio and operational footprint, motivating and inspiring the highly creative, world-class talent pool that underpins the business in order to meet and exceed our ambitious growth and performance goals.